Getting to Downtown Lemont is easy, no matter what direction you are coming from. The links will take you Google Maps, where you can refine your directions search.
FREE PUBLIC PARKING is available throughout Downtown Lemont. Look for several convenient parking areas, a free public parking garage on River Street, and Metra parking areas that can be used for free every evening and weekend! Click the map below to go to Google Maps our download our PDF parking map.
- Get on I-55 S
- Take exit 271A from I-55 S.
- Continue on Lemont Rd. Take a right on Illinois Avenue and take the curve right.
- Take a right on Main St.
- Head west towards US-6 W
- Turn left onto US-6 W
- Turn left at the 1st cross street onto US-30 E
- Continue onto US-6 E
- Continue onto IL-171 N
- Turn left onto New Ave.
- 1.2 Miles: a 5 minute bike ride or 20 minute walk to Downtown!
- Head west on the Heritage Quarries trails from The Forge entrance pedestrian bridge
- Continue on the I&M Canal Trail
- Public Bathrooms and bottle filling station available at the “Safety Village” near Stephen St.
- Head west towards The Forge entrance
- Turn left onto the access road
- Turn right at Talcott Ave. and continue around the bend west
- Plenty of FREE Public Parking in Downtown Lemont.