It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Celebrate the season by coming down for Hometown Holiday, taking place on Saturday, December 5, 2020.
In following CDC Guidelines for gatherings and social distancing, join in our drive-by event to see your favorite holiday characters.
- Santa and Mrs. Claus will be joined by Elves, Frosty, Rudolph, and the Grinch on Front Street just past Next-Mex. Drive north on Stephen Street and head west on Front Street. Front Street will be one-way and no walkups to any characters will be allowed due to COVID-19 restrictions.
- Tractors for Toys will be parked along Front Street to collect new toys for needy girls and boys.
- Stroll down Candy Cane Lane along the canal path on Front Street.
- Our sparkling Christmas tree is on Main Street near Lemont Street joined by a toy soldier on stilts.
- Enjoy the North Pole on Main Street near Stephen Street with a few busy elves scurrying about and a toy soldier on stilts.
- Visit our unique shops and get your holiday shopping done and enjoy a bite from our many restaurants.
- The drive-by will end promptly at 7:00 p.m.
There will be no parking cones in front of the lighting displays for a clear view. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
Footage from the 2020 Tree Lighting
Lemont Police Department and Lemont Tractor Club will hold their 3rd Annual Tractors for Toys event, with tractors at various locations in town at set times to collect much needed, new, unwrapped toys for girls and boys in our community. For many of these children, this is the only gift they will receive. The tractors will visit Target/Kohls Plaza and Pete’s Market from 12:00 noon to 4:30 p.m., with their final destination being the Hometown Holiday event in downtown Lemont, arriving around 5:00 p.m. to coincide with our drive-by event this year.
If you wish to donate a toy this year, stop by between noon and 4:30 p.m. at either the Kohls/Target or Pete’s Market location or catch them at the Hometown Holiday drive by event from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. in the evening. Drive by the light display on Front Street and drop off your donation directly from your vehicle at the west end of Front Street between 5:00 and 7:00 p.m.
Come on out and join in the fun and make wishes come true for children in our community.
LIGHTING UP LEMONT
Our dazzling illuminating light displays are nestled throughout our quaint family-owned shops, restaurants, brewery and pubs. It’s the perfect place to capture your holiday photos and create magical moments. “Lighting Up Lemont” is sponsored by the Downtown Merchants Association and the Village of Lemont – lasting throughout the entire holiday season.